What's new in version 1070
Below is a list of the changes that will be included in the soon to be released, second update for rFactor.
* Fixed a shadow bug that could crash some tracks.
* Reverted back to 32-bit render targets (in some cases) for now, since 16-bit targets also caused particle dithering in the rear view.
* Fixed a bug which would cause texture updating to render targets to fail in 16-bit mode on nVidia.
* Detached parts will now only have shadows if shadows are set to high or max.
* Made sparks and fire glow at night rather than be darkly shaded.
* Fixed scaling/placement problems with the onscreen flags (yellow, checkered, etc).
* Modified the GRAPHOPT_low_detail_UI flag to affect ALL fonts (including ingame).
* Fixed the GRAPHOPT_do_UI_bg_bink="0" to work for all UI anims.
* Fixed LOD switches to eliminate the occasional missing meshes between LODs.
* Fixed billboard/stamp feature, which was broken in the last update.
Tracks and Vehicles:
* Added Essington Long track and layout.
* Fixed the rear-left suspension on the Trainer which was confused with the front-right suspension.
* Removed Joesville and added Essington Long to the Formula IS season.
* Fixed minor error in Rhez upgraded suspension geometry.
* Made minor adjustment to the clutch and tranny frictions on some vehicles. Also changed it so that if the air dam is knocked off then the vehicle will lose front downforce.
* Added a few Hammer and Howston seasons to the SR Grand Prix.
* The Orchard Lake Oval is now available in the SR Grand Prix.
* Adjusted mirrors on Formula IS so that you could see cars directly behind.
* Improved AI drag calculation.
* Improved the internal stat-keeping of laptimes based on track layout and vehicle class.
* Changed onboard brake bias adjustment to return to default if you press both the forward and rearward buttons at the same time.
* Added player file option "Any Camera HUD" to show HUD from trackside cameras (new default is ON).
* Added class ranking to monitor.
* Additional logic to help prevent receiving a blue flag after unlapping yourself from an opponent.
* Fixed a crash after getting a DQ in multiplayer and then going to the next session.
* Added a message for when the speed limiter is toggled.
* Changed default number of vehicles sharing a pitstall from 2 to 1 (in the Open Wheel Challenge and SR Grand Prix RFM files).
* Added RPM to the extra info LCD page.
* Removed configurable damper (shock) settings for HammerGT because they aren't available with other mid-range SRGrandPrix vehicles.
* Added "CLASS PACKAGES" to the Upgrades section, so you can buy a complete package (identical to the AI) with just a couple clicks.
* Added sector timing to list of lap times (when right-clicking on monitor grid).
* Fixed minor issue where AutoPit and launch control might not upshift properly.
* Optimized collision for detached parts and cones so framerate shouldn't drop as much in big crashes.
* Fixed minor math error when using free look on an attached camera (swingman/cockpit/etc.).
* When using onboard cameras, we now try to keep the same camera when switching to other vehicles. Results may be somewhat random when running mixed class vehicles that have different sets of onboard cameras.
* Possibly fixed a situation where people would occasionally see two "pitcrews".
* Added one-lap-to-go warning. Player file option "One Lap To Go Warning" controls whether it is a message, white flag, or both, and whether the warning is given in qualifying.
* Fixed a minor issue where the standings would briefly change near the s/f line at the beginning of a race.
* Made LCD/HUD standings scrollable with the pit up/down controls and added new standings functionalities: With the pit increment control (or player file option "Standings Func"), you can choose between non-wraparound standings, wraparound standings, or autoscrolling standings.
* Made race splits configurable between realtime values (original and default functionality) and sector-based split times. Use the pit decrement control to toggle between the two choices, or use the "Realtime Splits" player-file option.
* Added a plr file option to set the screenshot file type to jpg, bmp, png, or dds.
* The virtual rearview mirror (available in tv cockpit, nose, and swingman modes) now has an additional setting for side-mirrors only.