Kamrad.ru

дневники | кабинет | регистрация | календарь | участники | faq | правила | поиск | фотоальбом | каська | выйти
Kamrad.ru Kamrad.ru » Тематические форумы » Simulators and Arcade Racing » Релиз - Universal Combat.
новая тема  ответить следующая тема | предыдущая тема
Автор

Idol - offline Idol
05-02-2004 05:14 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Модератор

Релиз - Universal Combat.

Безумный гений Дерек Смарт наконец-то исторг из себя логическое продолжение BattleCruiser. Меня в данном случае интересует пока только одно - а без тонны патчей это все играбельно?
Проверим!

Для забывчивых: 2b46-97f6-0f33-99bb

scsi_rdx - offline scsi_rdx
05-02-2004 13:28 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Без патчей думаю нет. Вот вырезка из поста разработчика на офф. форуме
just wanted to be clear that anyone who ends up with the game at $19.99, will not be penalized by us in ANY way, shape or form. This is not your fault and I understand that. We will support the game with the best of our abilities and with what resources we have.

Just remember, if it wasn't for me, you'd have an INCOMPLETE and terribly buggy game right now, even at $19.99. Remember that.

05-02-2004 13:31 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Вот одно из первых впечатлений:
Alrighty.
The good: I liked the fact that the game has indeed NOT been dumbed down. This will not fly well with some game reviewers as they expect BF1942 complexity (and not more...) everywhere. The game runs smooth on reasonable hardware. The wildlife is really nice, I love to fly at low altitude and watch the birds passing by. I won't go into detail how much I like the range of actions available to the player, as this is what this game is all about.

The bad:

x) The UI. Take a look at the options menu at 1280x1024 and you see what I mean. Texts overflowing the (fixed size) dialogs does not look professional. Things like the Logistix and Tactical computer could be merged into one screen. Just as in BCM, most screens are empty except for one or two controls, and you have to step through quite a long sequence to get to the light. It's like being forced to crawl through a keyhole to enter the hall. A complete overhaul could really improve the whole game. Hire a seasoned HMI-designer and let him revamp the whole thing. It's definitely possible to keep the whole functionality while getting rid of the individual "mostly-empty-screens".
EDIT: I'm actually quite ok with the Tacops screen. It has a lot of functionality yet it's reasonably simple to use.

x) The options. There's no support beyond 1280x1024, and especially no widescreen support. The latter is excusable for some older opengl games, but under D3D there's no real reason.
There's no global mouse invert that I could find. I can toggle the y-axis invert option on and off, it has no effect on first person mode for example.

x) Sounds. They're mostly low quality, some are outright annoying, and almost all samples have been preprocessed with some reverb.

x) Trees. Ok they are there, but they look like what I did in my games back in 2000. The upside is that they don't use much processing power of course. It's good that they're there, they just don't look exceptionally nice.

x) First person mode. Uh oh. This is the part of the game that still has the most icky feel to it IMHO. There's a whole thread about looking up and down, yet the biggest gripe I have is the fact that the whole fps-episode just doesn't "feel right". The collision detection is shaky, and one never knows what units one can enter. Simple optical cues could tell you that, for example.
Some features are really useless IMO, like the ability to look around while keeping the current heading. You can turn your viewpoint and look into your own head, whee

x) Some CTDs. But that's to be expected. Entering ground vehicles and installations seems to be very crash-prone.

05-02-2004 13:31 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

И еще:
Well, I got my copy yesterday to have a play about with and this is a total newbie viewpoint so please excuse me if I get excited about things that seem silly to the veterans out there.

The Good.

Space. Mmm.lots and lots of it. For you explorers out there, there's a lot to see and a lot to do just in space. Last night I spent most my time in Roam mode defending Earth from any and all reds that came into the sector.

The combat is exciting, well paced and most importantly...great when your ship is severely damaged and you still win the fight. (I.e. Nuclear core issues)

In Battlecruiser Generations I felt the combat was too fast. Fighters would wiz by and the commander wouldn't even see them except for on the radar. Now I can visually see an enemy Insurgent heading straight for me, guns blazing. (Of course, I also see my fighters cruise past my Cap ship and blast the fecker away.)

The visuals in space...just the best I've ever seen. Shields, Planets, Ships, Explosions. Wow oh wow.

The bad for the space aspect of this game, it's hard to pin point a negative issue as I had such a blast in space but if there were one it'd be the jumping camera if your AE ejects and runs about on top of his Cap ship.

Planetary portion of the game.

Again, wow. The scale is amazing...even if you just land the cruiser and get your AE out to have a look at the size difference. It's incredible.

Landscape engine, trees, water, hills and cities/bases are much better looking now. When you are in a base, you FEEL like you are in a base and not a Lego display. (Which is how I felt in BCG. )

Combat on foot: Great, especially when you use your jetpack, fly over the enemy and blast from on high. (Just watch your fuel/thrust level thingy...ouch.)

Negatives on foot: Shaky camera again and a tad annoying when you approach a vehicle/building and bounce back. I'd prefer it if the player simply stopped when collision was detected. When the camera is playing nice, the combat is great...when it steers off to the left or right on it's own, I get a little dis-heartened. (I don't have a joystick attached so it's not poor joystick config causing that.)

Vehicles again are very nice. It's nice to have such variety.

My only problem, and this is from a newbie standpoint: Setting up and deploying troops via shuttles...not easy but I'll learn and that really is an issue for me to learn how to do properly.

That's my first impression from 1 night of playing. I must admit, the role-player in me is waiting for the patch which allows us to salute out men and have them salute back.

05-02-2004 13:33 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Вот и обзорчик:
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=20331

Idol - offline Idol
08-02-2004 14:35 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Модератор

Пока скажу только одно - не все ТАК плохо...
Кому интересно - играют.

08-02-2004 18:14 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

А кто говорл что плохо???
Вроде весьма приятные отзывы.
Я вот свою копию жду

Idol - offline Idol
08-02-2004 18:33 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Модератор

Гы
Я почитал в процессе своего ознакомления с игрой, для интереса, на забугорных форумах еще и отзывы не фанатов, а простых юзеров, желающих, так сказать, приобщиться к великому - морщат личики - недружественна игра по отношению к ним

Idol - offline Idol
12-02-2004 06:54 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Модератор

Первый пошеееел...
Патч вышел. Весит около десяти метров. Затронуты практически все аспекты игры. Ждем продолжения, дорогой Дерек.

12-02-2004 09:20 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Зато игра хорошая

Правда высадившись на землю я был поражен плотностью заселения одной рощи тиграми Они просто толпами бегали.

abishai - offline abishai
18-02-2004 10:00 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

В продаже в Питере ее уто-нить видел? Или у кого можно списать. Или на крайняк - лицензию-то можно купить?

18-02-2004 13:34 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

В продаже если и появится, то испохабленная лоКАЛизаторами. на нее не будут ставится патчи, а они этой игре оччень нужны.
Лицензией вроде занимается Акелла. Но когда она ее сделает...

Лучше поищи у кого списать. (У меня не выйдет, времени обычно нет свободного).

abishai - offline abishai
20-02-2004 18:32 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Так локализаторы обычно оставляют английскую версию в неприкосновенности. Патчи на любую не будут ставиться, но всегда можно найти hacked exe патченный. Акелла разве ее не русской сделает? Предпочитаю язык оригинала, если честно, к нам в Россию Дерек ее случайно не повезет?

Да, у кого найдешь, все чего-то ее охаивают....

WiCKed - offline WiCKed
29-02-2004 21:02 URL сообщения Дневник     K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

abishai если тебе ещё нужна оригинальная версия игры в питере то стучи в асю 4943339

Kiruxa - offline Kiruxa
24-04-2006 07:53 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Люди кторт не сильно занят подскажите пожалуйста, как
ВООБЩЕ управлять в этой игре? покая места сдвинуться не могу, а хотелось бы! Может, кто даст ссылку на подробное описания этой геммы?

Hanzo - offline Hanzo
24-04-2006 12:28 URL сообщения      K-Mail    Профиль    Поиск    Контакт-лист   Редактировать
Камрад

Я думаю что этот раздел форума http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewforum.php?f=13 поможет многим, у кого возникли вопросы по игре.

Текущее время: 23:58
новая тема  ответить следующая тема | предыдущая тема

Перейти:

версия для печати   отправить эту страницу по e-mail   подписаться на эту тему